Get Playing Places and Spaces
Get Playing Places and Spaces provides funding for infrastructure development so that more Queenslanders can be involved in sport and active recreation. Eligible organisations can apply for up to $150,000 (GST exclusive).
Organisations eligible to apply are:
Closing Date: 28 September 2018
- Queensland local or regional not-for-profit sport and recreation organisations and not-for-profit local community organisations (with a primary objective of sport or active recreation) incorporated under the:
- Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Qld)
- Corporations Act 2001 (Cwlth)
- Cooperatives Act 1997 (Qld)
- Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cwlth)
- An incorporated State level sport or recreation organisation managing infrastructure for local community use
- A sport or recreation club incorporated within a Queensland university
- Queensland local governments with a population of less than 40,000 people.
Rural Economic Development Grants
Rural Economic Development Grants are available to fund rural economic development projects that contribute to primary production related economic development and job creation in rural areas. The Queensland Government program offers emerging projects up to $250,000 in co-contributions to build industry and grow employment opportunities across the agricultural sector.
To be eligible for a grant, applicants must:
Eligible projects may include those which:
- propose a rural economic development project in a rural area in Queensland;
- demonstrate an ability to provide a sufficient cash contribution to fund their portion of the project;
- propose a project that has not already received approval or acceptance under another government scheme;
- implement new technologies and innovations that enhance productivity
- add value to agricultural products, including developing new markets for value-added products
- assist with business development and expansion
- work to achieve economies of scale
- enable businesses to become investment and export ready
- improve energy use efficiencies, including transition to renewable energy sources.
Closing Date: 26 October 2018
Safer Communities Fund Round 3 - Infrastructure Grants
The Safer Communities Fund provides grants of up to $1 million to community organisations and local governments for local crime prevention and security infrastructure activities and to protect community organisations that may be facing security risks associated with racial and /or religious intolerance. Project activities can include:
- installation of fixed or mobile CCTV cameras
- installation of security lighting
- installation of bollards
- installation of security and alarm systems, intercoms and swipe access attached to a public or community space
- crime prevention through environmental design (CPTED) including changing environmental characteristics in public or community spaces, such as a lack of lighting or poor natural surveillance, that can facilitate street crime and violence.
Grants of up to $1 million will be available to fund up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs.
Projects must be completed by 31 March 2020.
Closing Date: 25 September 2018
Stronger Communities Programme - Round 4
The Stronger Communities Programme provides each of the 150 federal electorates with $150,000 to fund small capital projects that improve local community participation and contribute to vibrant viable communities. In consultation with their community, each Federal Member of Parliament must identify potential applicants and projects in their electorate and invite them to apply for a grant.
The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs (grant percentage).
- The minimum grant amount is $2,500.
- The maximum grant amount is $20,000.
Total funding for the project from the Commonwealth cannot exceed 50 per cent of the total eligible project expenditure. You can fund your share of eligible project costs from any source including from state and local government. Your contribution can be either cash or in-kind. Where you provide in-kind contributions, you must calculate the dollar value.
Closing Date: 18 October 2018